9.19.2011

Feather Mani

Good morning! I am happy for a fresh new week. Maybe that's because I actually slept last night! So I am back to (hopefully) redeem myself after yesterday's snoozefest of a post. I have been wanting to try this idea for forever and finally picked up some feathers at my local craft store. This is a fairly simple mani to acheive. 


The base for this is Color Club Soft as Cashmere. I know that this look is typically done by sticking the feather in wet topcoat, but my husband had the genius idea to use nail foil adhesive and that was 12487391 million times easier!! Once it's topped off with a nice, thick layer of topcoat, the effect is pretty awesome!


The other thing I loved about this is that it has staying power. I am on day 3 of this mani and the feathers haven't lifted or anything. 


I hope to find some more colorful feathers and try this again sometime. <3

Pin It!

25 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I can just imagine using brighter feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! I love feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wish my husband could come up with a great mani help idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mani looks awesome. I need to get myself some feathers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool!! I so want to try this:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. waaaaaaaaaaaah that is sooo beautiful.. I wanna know how you did this...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so hot! ! You really should post step by step pictures though. For us under graduate nail artists. I would love to do that with peacock feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so fucking awesome. I want to do it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I honestly haven't gotten into the "feather" thing that seems to be popular lately. Earrings, clips for your hair...but THIS?? THIS I can get behind! :)

    Very cool. I'll be picking up some feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ****drooling**** So freaking amazing! I have to try this ASAP! I am going to the craft store tomorrow during lunch to get feathers--not joking either! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. geez! so pretty and lovely i love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the first time I've seen this type of mani and I LOVE IT!!! Wow! So creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! this mani is BEAUTIFUL! I love love love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really cool! I tried a lace mani recently and I loved the look, but it was so textured. How was the texture on this?? It looks pretty smooth from your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. F*cking awesome! ♥ it!

    I have a couple of bags with feathers too, especially bought for this type of nailart, but these colors are great (mine are a bit too bright I think).

    ReplyDelete

Hey readers! If I haven't checked out your blog, please let me know in an email so I make sure I get it! :) amberajohnson89@gmail.com