2.26.2012

Nostalgic Lacquer Duckie

Hi!

Today's post is a swatch from Nostalgic Lacquer. This is another indie polish, my latest obsession. :) The name is Duckie and it's a sheer mint jelly base with multi size and color glitters. Since this is pretty much my favorite color, I had to have it!


This polish reminded me of Revlon Whimsical in that it's VERY sheer. It took a lot of patience to apply this and I don't really know how many coats I ended up with when it was all said and done. I almost gave up after a while. I used 2 coats of Seche base coat first since it's tinted white to help with the coverage, but I didn't anticipate the glitter to be so sparse in each coat. I know I could have applied a colored base first, but I don't think it would of made a difference because of the nature of the glitter.


This polish was a labor of love to apply, but I think it was worth it in the end because it is so pretty. It just took so much out the bottle just from one application, but since I have 5923723 other polishes in my collection, I don't think I have to worry about it running out! ;)



What are some of your favorite indie polishes out there?
Pin It

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. This is seriously so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you really have that much nail polish in your collection?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no way! I was exaggerating. But you get the idea! ;)

      Delete
  3. im wanting these so bad, i hate that everytime i have money the indies are closed up to restock. some of my faves are nerdlacquer, dollishpolish, whimsical ideas by pam and all that glitters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in awe over here! Such a beautiful polish!

    ReplyDelete

Hey readers! If I haven't checked out your blog, please let me know in an email so I make sure I get it! :) amberajohnson89@gmail.com